Know Your Bonds
- Surety Bonds: A bond provided by an approved Harris County bond company such as North Main Bail Bond Co.
- Online Bail Bonds: A bond secured online instead of in person.
- Cash Bonds: The full amount of the bail, posted by the defendant in cash, cashier’s check, or money order.
- Federal Bail Bonds: A bond for someone who is set to appear in federal court.
- Collateral Bonds: A bond that uses collateral in place of cash. The defendant or his or her family member will put up property or other valuables. The collateral will be seized if the defendant does not appear in court.
- Unsecured Bonds: A bond that is not backed up by property or other collateral.
- Immigration Bonds: A bond for someone who has been detained by federal immigration authorities.
- Property Bonds: A bond secured with property instead of cash.